Passionate about social media and travel? This could be your new job…
Samsonite Australia & New Zealand is looking for a creative and enthusiastic social media coordinator with some experience in social media and community management who will assist us in managing and delighting our online communities.
You will have the opportunity to work across Samsonite Brands’ entire portfolio including Samsonite, American Tourister and High Sierra. Your contribution will include but not be limited to:
- Content curation and creation: Assist in sourcing quality content to share with the online communities. Be responsible for sourcing and crafting written content in the form of articles or blog posts.
- Be responsible for generation of visual content as required e.g. photos for Instagram, Facebook and blogs
- Customer service on social media: Work with our customer service teams to provide timely, helpful and friendly customer service on social media platforms.
- Monitor the discussions on social media around Samsonite Brands’ competitors and the industry
- Assist in managing and maintaining our database of customers (utilising Exact Target platform)
- Liaise with agencies and providers in developing and managing social media and online initiatives including Facebook campaigns
- You will work closely with our social media partner, FRANk media, to help realise and manage social strategy with a strong focus on streamlining efficiencies and ROI.
- Marketing initiatives: Assist the Marketing Manager in various initiatives if and when required depending on campaign requirements and various general marketing duties.
- At least 1 years’ experience in marketing or social media / community management
- A Bachelors’ degree in Commerce/Marketing/Communications
- A sound understanding of social media marketing and the various social tools – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram etc.
- An enthusiasm and passion for travel!
- Good written, verbal and creative communication skills – able to write long/short copy.
- Highly organised with the ability to take direction but also work autonomously
- An innate inquisitiveness to be on the pulse of innovative, creative and emerging technology/campaigns
- Photoshop knowledge is highly desirable but not essential.
Salary approx. $50,000
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter, telling us why you think you’re perfect for this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Application for Social Media Marketing Coordinator & Community Manager’ in the subject line.