Home – Blog – Social Media: Mary Meeker’s 2017 Internet Trends Report
June 6, 2017 —
Mary Meeker’s annual Internet Trends Report provides a great perspective on whats happening in the current landscape.
Some key take outs from the report:
- Total internet users grew 10% this year, as same as last year, showing steady progress in accessibility
- User and influencer generated content makes great ads
- U.S. adults spend over 5.6 hours per day on the internet, including over 3 hours per day on mobile compared to under 1 hour per day in 2011.
- Mobile ad spend now exceeds that of desktop
- Google and Facebook control 85% of the growth in online ads and their shares continue to increase.
Where do you think the future lies for brick and mortar stores? What are your key takeouts?